Austin is a city known for its cultural scene, and when it comes to music venues, Austin has scads of them! If you’ll be in the Austin area this summer, whether vacationing or looking for homes in Austin, Texas, for sale, you should treat yourself to a night out and soak up some local talent. Here is a list of some of the most popular music venues Austin has to offer.
- The Nutty Brown Café and Amphitheatre serves up live music many weekends. With an enormous, live-oak shaded patio, it’s a great place to listen to music, dine, and dance under the stars.
- While a mall might not seem a likely choice among popular music venues, Austin is home to the Dripping Springs Hill Country Galleria, which hosts the DSHCG Concert Series. Featuring concerts every Saturday in June, the series culminates with an Independence Day Festival on June 30.
- Stubbs Bar-B-Q is one of the most beloved music venues Austin has to offer. With delicious barbecue, and a band roster of primarily indie and alternative rock, Stubb’s has hosted performances from such notables as Imogen Heap, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Cake, and Ratatat. Lest you think they are exclusive to one genre, they have also had performances by the likes of The Indigo Girls and George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic.
- Antone’s opened in 1975, and has launched the career of many local musicians. Initially a blues club that featured performances from B. B. King, Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Pinetop Perkins, and many others, it now features country and rock music as well. Some of the bigger names to have performed at Antone’s include Elvis Costello, Eric Clapton, and Bono and The Edge.
- The Continental Club is another longtime establishment in the Austin music scene. Its rich and colorful history began in 1957, and today it typically features swing, rockabilly, country, and retro roots music, though all genres are welcome. If you want a place to catch a great local act, try this one.
- For an intimate lounge setting, try Momo’s. This music club features live music every night, and depending on when you go, you can hear just about any style. Located above Katz’s Deli, this venue features a deck where you can catch a great view of the Austin skyline.
Whether you’re drawn by the business climate, the general uniqueness, or the many music venues, Austin is a great place to call home.